According to the Regulation on Waste Management and Ordinance on Operation of Recycling Centres, all recycling centres must keep a Register of Received Municipal Waste, and keep the record of users who deposit waste.
It is mandatory to present a personal ID card, and provide information about User Key Number and Property Key Number (this information can be found on Zagreb City Holding's One Utility Bill; User Key Number = Šifra obveznika, Property Key Number = Šifra objekta). Recycling centre employee will input the data necessary for the administration of the Register of Received Municipal Waste in accordance with the data protection regulations.
Recycling centre addresses:
- RC DUBRAVA, Osječka 25 (phone: 099 8022 160)
- RC JAKUŠEVEC, at landfill entrance (phone: 098 272 762)
- RC KAJZERICA, Žarka Dolinara 5 (phone: 099 8022 159)
- RC KLARA, Sisačka 10 (phone: 099 263 3091)
- RC SESVETE, Jelkovečka bb (phone: 099 311 8457)
- RC SESVETE JELKOVEC, Borisa Ulricha 5 (phone: 099 803 6772)
- RC PRILESJE, Prilesje 1c (phone: 099 8022 158)
- RC ŠPANSKO, D.Cesarića 2a (phone: 091 2678 118)
- RC TREŠNJEVKA SJEVER, Zagorska 3 (phone: 091 2678 117)
- RC ŽITNJAK, Čulinečka cesta 275 (phone: 091 267 8061)
Mobile recycling centre addresses:
- MRC BREZOVICA, Prigradska ulica III odvojak (phone: 091 2678 215)
- MRC BREZOVICA, Donjodragonoška cesta, behind no. 8C (phone: 091 2678 171)
- MRC GORNJA DUBRAVA, Ulica Klin (phone: 091 2678 015)
- MRC GORNJI GRAD - MEDVEŠČAK, the crossroads of Horvatovac and Ružičnjak streets (phone: 099 3118 444)
- MRC PODSLJEME, Bidrovečka cesta, nearby to no. 68 (phone: 098 208 319)
- MRC PODSLJEME, Prilaz Kraljičinom zdencu, nearby to no. 4 (phone: 091 2678 184)
- MRC PODSUSED-VRAPČE, Ulica Prigornica 2 (phone: 099 8022 174)
- MRC PODSUSED-VRAPČE, Ulica Vučak, across no. 16a (phone: 099 8022 161)
- MRC TREŠNJEVKA - JUG, Ulica Marice Barić 6 (phone: 091 2678 039)
- MRC TRNJE, Ulica Frana Folnegovića, across no. 10 (phone: 091 2678 300)
Recycling centre and mobile recycling centre business hours
Monday - Saturday 6:30 am - 8:00 pm
(MRC TREŠNJEVKA - JUG Monday - Saturday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm)
On Sundays 8:00 am - 2:00 pm the following recycling centres are open:
RC SESVETE JELKOVEC
MRC GORNJA DUBRAVA
MRC GORNJI GRAD - MEDVEŠČAK
Closed on holidays.
Types of waste accepted at recycling centres:
- Metal packaging
- Waste batteries
- Glass packaging waste
- Flat glass
- PET bottles
- PE foil
- Waste medicines
- Waste tyres without wheel rims (up to four)
- Metal bulky waste (electrical and electronic equipment)
- Electronic waste
- Bulky waste
- Waste wood
- Car batteries
- Fluorescent tubes
- Green waste
Zagreb City Holding Ltd, Subsidiary Čistoća accepts waste motor oil and cooking oil, oily packaging and packaging contaminated by hazardous matters (paints, varnishes etc) from households at the recycling centres Špansko (D. Cesarića 2a), Klara (Sisačka cesta 10), Žitnjak (Čulinečka cesta 275), Sesvete Jelkovec (Ulica Borisa Ulricha 5), and at the mobile recycling centres.
Recycling centres and mobile recycling centres accept construction waste from citizens. At the recycling centres, citizens can hand over construction waste produced by maintenance activities and smaller repairs carried out by the property owner himself. The amount of such waste permitted for handover is up to 200 kg for six consecutive months, i.e. one full single-axis car trailer (10 bags of 20 kilograms). Please make sure that the size of individual pieces of construction waste does not exceed 40 cm.
Asbestos sheets up to 200 kg/20 sheets can be deposited at recycling centres Klara (Sisačka cesta br. 10), Jakuševec (Sajmišna cesta bb), Sesvete Jelkovec (Ulica Borisa Ulricha 5) and Žitnjak (Čulinečka cesta 275). Also, gypsum-based products (plasterboards) and insulating materials (glass and stone wool) to the maximum amount of 10 bags of 50 litres can be deposited at these recycling centres as well.
Legal persons may not deposit any waste at the recycling centres.